Do you have a Windows operating system and are you looking for a Total Commander download link? You’re in the right place.
In this post, you can find the Total Commander download link and you can download it at high speed because we are providing a Total Commander direct download link with a high-speed server.
Free Download Total Commander for Windows PC (formerly Wincmd) is a file manager for Windows similar to Windows Explorer. But Total Commander uses a different approach: it has two fixed windows side by side, like a well-known file manager for DOS.
Most activities these days involve using a computer somewhere along the way, while others are entirely dependent on it. Having to work with a lot of files can be a pain, especially when time plays an important role. Fortunately, with the help of specialized applications like Total Commander, file management becomes a walk in the park.
OVERVIEW OF TOTAL COMMANDER
When managing files in Windows, most people stick to the built-in option and work with Explorer. Although it is a reasonably capable tool, it is not always suitable for the more demanding user, and this is where Total Commander can help.
The program is an Explorer replacement tool that features a dual window view designed to make it easier to copy and move files from one folder to another. But Total Commander’s capabilities extend far beyond that. Can use a powerful search facility to refine the file and folder comparison and synchronization tools, ideal for backups and web designers.
A Quick View pane is available for viewing a wide variety of image formats, and integrated support for compressed files such as ZIP, ARJ, RAR, and CAB means you can view the contents of archives without having to extract them first. There is also an integrated FTP server, which means that working with local files is practically the same as working with those stored on a remote server. For more update details join Softowa telegram channel.
CUSTOMIZE HOW FILES ARE DISPLAYED
The main window has a simple and classic design that does not pose accommodation problems. By default, you get access to two file explorers that show elements in a detailed view. You can change how files and folders are displayed and improve accessibility by running a tree explorer. You are given the option to run multiple instances of the application to enable fast and efficient file manipulation. You can easily edit, copy, move, and delete files, create new folders, or activate synchronization.
KEEP IMPORTANT FILES SAFE
In addition to basic management, the application is equipped with several additional tools. You can take advantage of archiving to protect your files, but the settings panel lets you configure external archiving programs as well. For added security, files can be split into multiple parts and combined later, or even encoded using different algorithms.
MAKE IT FIT YOUR STYLE AND NEEDS
Personalization is also available, with the option for the top toolbar to only include functions you use frequently. Moreover, you can add shortcuts to external applications, and an additional notepad by default in case you need to write something quickly.
INTEGRATED AND POWERFUL SEARCH ENGINE
In case you just can’t identify the desired file, an integrated search engine is sure to bring it up. A small window is brought up with settings that allow you to fully define the search criteria. You can perform a simple process by specifying a name and location or pry into advanced settings or even previous search sessions.
FEATURES OF TOTAL COMMANDER
- Direct access to Network Neighbourhood
- Supports Drag & Drop with Explorer/the Desktop etc.
- Command line for starting programs with parameters, simply by typing the program name or by pressing CTRL+ENTER or CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER.
- Configurable button bar and Start menu (User-defined commands) to place your frequently used DOS or Windows programs into a drop-down menu. The actual directory and/or the file under the cursor can be delivered to the application.
- Configurable main menu.
- Built-in file viewer (Lister) to view files of ANY SIZE in hex, binary, or text format, using either the ASCII- (DOS) or the ANSI- (Windows) character set. The line width and font size can now be changed. You can even view files inside archives! New: Support for Unicode UTF-8 format.
- Bitmap viewer in Lister, additional formats through Irfanview
- HTML- and Unicode-Viewer in Lister.
- The parallel port transfer function (direct cable connection), works between Win95/98/NT/2000/3.1 and DOS!
- The thumbnail view shows preview images in file lists.
- Custom columns view allows showing additional file details.
- Total Commander comes in the following languages: English, German, French, Italian, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Spanish, Czech, Russian, Polish, Hungarian, and now also Hebrew, Greek, Afrikaans, Catalan, Turkish and Ukrainian!
- The help is available in English, German, and French
- Extended copying, moving, renaming, and deleting of entire trees (Enables deleting “full” directories).
- Compare files by content.
- Synchronize directories with or a directory with a ZIP file.
- Encode/Decode files in UUE, XXE, and MIME format.
- Split/Combine big files.
- Search for duplicate files.
- Show/select files with specific search patterns, sizes, dates, or contents.
- Restore selection as it was before the last file operation (NUM /).
- Enhanced search function with full-text search in any files across multiple drives, even inside archives.
- Multi-rename tool: Allows to rename multiple files in one step (Hotkey: Ctrl+M)
- The built-in FTP client supports most public FTP servers and some mainframes
- FTP and WWW proxies for FTP connections; new SOCKS4+5.
- FXP: Send files directly from one remote server to another.
- Resume aborted downloads.
- Add files to the download list (through the context menu) and download later.
- Download in the background (separate thread)
- Archives are handled like subdirectories. You can easily copy files to and from archives. The appropriate archiving program is automatically called. and uc2 are all supported.
- Built-in ZIP-compatible packer supports long filenames! This packer is based on ZLIB by Info-Zip.
- Internal unpackers for ZIP, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, CAB, RAR, and ACE formats.
- Additional packers can be added as plugins.
- Pack large archives in the background (separate thread).
- Copy files directly from one archive to another.