Today I’m going to show you how to record calls on Skype. Whether you’re using a video calling app from Windows, Mac, Android, or iOS, you can make calls. You may want to record a Skype call with your loved ones as a keepsake. This is nothing new, and many people who are away from their loved ones do it. Second, you can record Skype calls for your office meetings to show to some managers or co-workers.
I have to tell you that every time you start recording a Skype call, other participants will know it. They will notify you that an active call is being recorded. Both end-users must use Skype to record calls. You can make Skype calls while the call is active. If you or someone on the call is interrupted, the recording will stop.
How To Record Skype Calls On Android, iPhone, Windows & Mac
SKYPE CALL RECORD ON WINDOWS
First, let’s take a look at the call recording process for Windows users. When you make a Skype call on Windows, it will be stored in Microsoft’s cloud storage by default.
- Run Skype on your Windows computer
- Start a video conference call with someone [you can make a regular audio call]
- Click Details (three-dot button) in the lower right corner
- From the menu, click Start
- To stop recording, click the Stop Recording option at the top of the call screen.
After stopping the recording, you will see a preview screen of the recording made during the call. Click Preview to get various options to save or share your latest Skype record.
SKYPE CALL RECORD ON MAC
This is very similar to what we did in the previous section.
- Start making Skype calls on your Mac
- Then click on the + sign in the lower right corner of the screen
- Select Start Recording from the menu
- At this point, each participant in the meeting call will be notified that the current meeting is being recorded
- [this is to ensure that no one’s privacy is infringed]
- You will have the option to stop recording while recording. Click this to complete the post.
- To save a post, go to Chat and click on the menu
- Click Add Options> Click Save to Download File to download the recording.
- Record calls on Android and iPhone
- Now let’s move on to Android and iOS devices.
SKYPE CALL RECORD ON ANDROID&IPHONE
Now let’s Start on to Android and iOS devices
- Launch Skype on your Android / iOS device
- Then select the contact you want to make a video or audio call from
- When the call starts, press the three-dot button [in the lower right corner of the screen]
- Click the Record button on the menu. [this white round button is the same on all interfaces]
- When you start recording again, you will be notified.
- The record stop drill is the same as all other platforms.
- When you stop recording, a small preview image of the recording is created. You can then download it to
- your device or pass it on to someone else.
The process for making Skype calls on Android and iOS devices is almost the same. If you notice a similar process across all platforms, make it a computer or smartphone.
So, you now know how easy it is to make Skype video or audio calls on Windows / Mac computer, Android, or iOS. You do not need to use any third-party software to make calls. Use only the features provided by Skype.