Windows Defender is an anti-virus mechanism that Microsoft packs on all Windows computers. It’s free and quite effective. On the Windows operating system, you can use anti-malware software only once. Therefore, if you are using some third-party virus, you need to disable Windows Defender on your computer. I will explain the same thing in this guide.
In addition, disabling the default antivirus program will help your computer use fewer resources. It has been observed that many security programs do not work properly when running many security programs. Usually, when you install a third-party application, the actual part of Defender’s protection is disabled.
DISABLE WINDOWS DEFENDER ON WINDOWS 10
I’ve taken steps to disable Microsoft Windows Defender on your computer. Check it out.
- Press the Windows + I key together
- Then click Update & Security
- Now click on virus and security
- On the next screen, look for the Manage Settings option. Click it
- There will be a real-time protection option. Press the power button to disable it.
I have an elbow to let you know. Follow these steps only if your computer is active against third-party viruses. If you only have Windows Defender installed on your computer, the above steps to disable Windows Defender will do nothing.
When you restart your computer, Defender will restart and run the Real-Time Security component of Windows Defender. However, if you are already active against another virus, it will take real-time protection and replace the Defender when you turn off the protector.
I suggest the same thing. If you have an active internet connection on your computer, it is very important that you are very sensitive to all kinds of malware out there. So make sure Windows Defender or a third party protects your computer.
DISABLE DEFENDER ON WINDOWS 7/8
The previous section describes how to disable Windows Defender on Windows 10. Now let’s see how to do this on Windows 7 and 8.
- Use the search box to find and open Windows Defender
- Click on Tools> Go to Options
- Click on the Admin tab on the left
- Please clear the sidebar to use this program
- Click Save to confirm the change
- Then click the Close button in the confirmation dialog box that appears
So these are the methods you should follow to disable Windows Defender on your Windows computer. Hope this guide was informative.